Online Learning Programs

If you search online for virtual ed programs, the results are overwhelming: there are a huge number of programs out there.
Here's a place to start.

All virtual ed programs have their frustrations, but these are the ones that people I know (or correspond with) have used and either still use or recommend to others as strong candidates for consideration.

Programs I heard about from school administrators:
Connections Academy
FLVS (Florida Virtual) - merged with Connections
Edgenuity (I proctored students using this one -- let me know if you want details)
ALEKS (a math program)
Fuel
Someone told me she wants to try Bonim b'Yachad; at this writing I don't know of anyone who has used it.

The following three are the programs that come recommended by parents homeschooling their kids on sailboats:
Laurel Springs
Calvert Academy
Oak Meadow

There are a couple of other programs out there that people I know have tried and cautioned me against using. They aren't mentioned in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment