Bhutanese fashion

My mother sent me, as something that particularly moved her, this film about a man who seeks to promote pride in traditional Bhutanese dress in Bhutan by taking pictures of people wearing it (which is what they just do in Bhutan) and putting them online. Bhutan Street Fashion

And my question is - what are the applications of the idea for day schools?

The fact that someone comes up to you and takes an interest in some aspect of your life that you take for granted is, I think, the useful point here -- not all the tangents we could go on about what tsnius means.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could find the citation(s) before I could, but it is fundamental to Judaism that people be acknowledged - grin, greeting, etc. I find that people I pass light up if I say something nice and that I really mean about their appearance - e.g. "Love your shirt!" "Pretty hat!" "Great haircut!" Maybe this occurs in day schools as kids arrive - find something nice to say about each classmate. "Love your shoelaces!" "Really enjoyed your report yesterday!" Then everyone will begin the day feeling buoyed and confident for hearing AND for saying nice things.

    ReplyDelete