Elokai Neshama

This flew in today on a mailing list for teachers.

The mailer asked me not to share her name, since it's not her original thought. She said she thinks she heard the idea from Chevi Garfinkel.


I once heard someone say so beautifully that the Bracha of “Elokai neshama she’nasata bi...” can also be interpreted not only as our own individual neshama given to us by Hashem but also as the neshama meaning each students neshama that Hashem has placed in our hands for the year is tehora and Hashem formed that student exactly how they should be and Hashem specifically chose me to be the Morah of this student and eventually the student won’t be under my care yet kol zman that the student is with me Modeh ani...etc. it was a beautiful thought and perspective of the zechus, privilege and responsibility it is to be a Morah. 


(Here is the text to which this refers, with a translation: Elokai Neshama)

No comments:

Post a Comment